I write these entries in Day One and then copy them to the blog as Markdown, which WordPress happily reads. It’s a straightforward process unless I have a photo, which requires a bit more effort to get to both platforms.
Today, I discovered that Day One offers templates to help you journal more effectively. I decided to try the “Daily Self” template, which is divided into five sections:
Clearly, they designed the template before COVID-19.
When I tried copying the templated entry to the blog, all of the pretty headers turned into plain text, and I can’t find any way to change the headers. So I’m back to starting with a blank screen.
I spent a large part of the day working on the AlarmDecoder – not the hardware, fortunately! There is a bug in the software and it gets confused if you have lots of opened windows (and with the better weather over the last couple of days, we’ve been able to open windows instead of relying on air conditioning); I finally got around to reporting it and have been generating logs for the developer to use. He thinks he’s got a fix and will be shipping it for testing in a day or so; the same fix will need to be ported to the Indigo Plugin.
I deleted four very random photos from early 2008; I will consider that sufficient to keep my streak of daily photo editing alive.